Slow localhost, asp.net and classic asp pagesRSS

7 replies

Last post Mar 31, 2008 06:15 PM by twita

• Slow localhost, asp.net and classic asp pages

Apr 05, 2006 07:16 AM|Mincer|LINK

Hi

For some reason my localhost iis is serving asp pages very slowly. Its like the images are downloading of a 20kbs modem. It worked fine for years. I wonder if the .net framework changed something in the iss config? I hadn't noticed it for a while as I have been working through VWD browser, which runs at a good speed.

Also, is there a way to view classic asp pages through the VWD browser?

• Re: Slow localhost, asp.net and classic asp pages

Apr 05, 2006 09:14 AM|jeff@zina.com|LINK

The answer to he second question is no, ASP.NET only.  For the first, you'll need more details.  Does a Hello World! page run slow?  Defragged the drive recently?  Set IE to bypass proxies?

Jeff

Have you Binged a solution before posting?

Apr 05, 2006 10:13 AM|Mincer|LINK

Its just like evrything takes years to download through a slow connection. Its the same with non dynamic site. If i brows the drive through expoler, non dynamic sites come up straght away.Its only when iis has to do some work. Not sure what to do about the prox???

MAny thanks

Apr 06, 2006 03:49 AM|Mincer|LINK

I found the problem. I uninstalled cold fusion and now every this AOK.

Many thanks

Apr 06, 2006 09:06 AM|tomkmvp|LINK

We would mostl likely not have found that, and it's not clear why that would have caused a problem.  Any relevant error messages in the Event logs?

Apr 07, 2006 03:09 AM|cfmxcoder|LINK

Wow!  I'm glad you found the link between IIS and CFMX.  I would have never guessed that.  I have been experiencing this slowness problem for a week.  I have CFMX 7 Developer installed, which I upgraded from 6.1 a week ago. 

I leave the CFMX 7 service disabled by default, so when I read your post, I found out that if I start the CFMX service, the ASP page loads up normally.  The slowness problem returns when I disable or stop the CFMX service.

Thanks for posting

Mincer

I found the problem. I uninstalled cold fusion and now every this AOK.

Many thanks

Mar 18, 2008 11:55 AM|Deepfreezed|LINK

I had the same issue. Lucky I came across this post. It was driving me nuts. When I run the page on VS 2005 everything is fine. even if CF service is turned off.

Why Coldfusion slow IIS down for asp.net pages? 

Mar 31, 2008 06:15 PM|twita|LINK

Hi Folks,

I'm a little late to this thread, but I figured I post anyway. The problem is that the ColdFusion service is disabled. It's registered as a wildcard ISAPI extension so IIS passes off all requests to ColdFusion. If the service isn't running, IIS is not going to get a response. IIS waits until a specified timeout has lapsed and then moves on to the next ISAPI extension.

If you're not going to run ColdFusion all the time, you should unregister the connectors. Here's a sample script for ColdFusion 8:

@ECHO OFF

TITLE Unregister ColdFusion 8 Connectors

PUSHD C:\ColdFusion8\bin\connectors
    remove_all_connectors.bat
    POPD

PAUSE

And to re-register them:

@ECHO OFF

TITLE Register ColdFusion 8 Connectors

PUSHD C:\ColdFusion8\bin\connectors
    iis_connector.bat
    POPD

PAUSE

You could start and stop the service in the same batch file using the net command:

net start "ColdFusion 8 Application Server"

-ben