We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

updating a recordRSS

7 replies

Last post Nov 02, 2004 09:46 AM by tomkmvp

• updating a record

Nov 01, 2004 02:27 PM|haloscorned|LINK

I am trying to up date a record but get the following error. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3' Current Recordset does not support updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype. /newbudgetamountprocess.asp, line 24
  • Re: updating a record

Nov 01, 2004 10:57 PM|om_prakash|LINK

Please Try this:
    Om Prakash

Nov 02, 2004 12:23 AM|haloscorned|LINK

that is beautiful and looks like it will work really well. The small problem is that it returns an error that says: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1. /newbudgetamountprocess.asp, line 32 I would be in your debt if you could help me with the error as I have been at this all day. Thanks so much!

Nov 02, 2004 05:16 AM|om_prakash|LINK

This error is coming up because of some column name mis-typed in the sql statement. Hope this helps
    Om Prakash

Nov 02, 2004 06:47 AM|haloscorned|LINK

Thanks. That worked alright. The only problem left is that the budgeted total value isn't depositing into the database. I tried adding a rs. before the budgeted total and it came back saying Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Budgetedtotal' You don't know how much you have helped me. I have klearned more talking to you than I have all week. Thank you. Roxanne

Nov 02, 2004 06:56 AM|haloscorned|LINK

I worked it out. I did this: Budgetedtotal = Request.Form("Budgetedtotal") 'Add hidden fields to be inserted into database rs("Budgetedtotal") = Budgetedtotal rs("Budgeteddress") = Budgetedtotal * .15 rs("BudgetedMusicians") = Budgetedtotal * .15 rs("BudgetedFlowers") = Budgetedtotal * .15 rs("Budgetedofficiant") = Budgetedtotal * .10 rs("Budgetedreceptionhall") = Budgetedtotal * .10 rs("Budgeteddinner") = Budgetedtotal * .30 rs("Budgetedcake") = Budgetedtotal * .10 rs.update Thanks again for all your help. You are very benevolent and I appreciate you very much. Roxanne

Nov 02, 2004 07:44 AM|haloscorned|LINK

Now I am making a worksheet to update the same records we deposited during the last page. ANy ideas? I am getting an error that says: Provider error '80020005' Type mismatch. /updatebudtest.asp, line 36

Nov 02, 2004 09:46 AM|tomkmvp|LINK

see http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2330