interfacing with indexing services using ASPRSS

4 replies

Last post Sep 01, 2004 03:01 PM by tomkmvp

• interfacing with indexing services using ASP

Sep 01, 2004 06:34 AM|leveller|LINK

hello everybody. I am currently developing a search page for a client using indexing services. I have created a new catalog in the management console, but whenever i try to interface with it using the default script provided by msdn IIS gives me this debug info. Error Type: CreateRecordset (0x8004181D) There is no catalog. /indexing test site/TMPt9fz53cyig.asp, line 91 can anyone help me?
  • Re: interfacing with indexing services using ASP

Sep 01, 2004 09:45 AM|tomkmvp|LINK

Are you sure you're calling the correct catalog? Hard to help because you haven't provided the script you're using, specifically the area around line 91 ...

Sep 01, 2004 10:50 AM|leveller|LINK

this is the offending piece of code: set Session("Query") = nothing set Session("Recordset") = nothing NextRecordNumber = 1 set Q = Server.CreateObject("ixsso.Query") set util = Server.CreateObject("ixsso.util") Q.Query = SearchString Q.SortBy = "rank[d]" Q.Columns = "DocTitle, vpath, path, filename, size, write, characterization" util.AddScopeToQuery Q, "deep" set RS = Q.CreateRecordSet("nonsequential") --( line 91)-- the problem is i don't actually know how to reference to specific catalogs, if you could explain that it would be a masive help!

Sep 01, 2004 02:19 PM|leveller|LINK

never mind i found the attribut i needed i think ( query.Catalog = "your text") but now it's saying that the index is out of date. What could be causing that?

Sep 01, 2004 02:46 PM|tomkmvp|LINK

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238791