"what's playing" scheduling application?RSS

2 replies

Last post Jun 10, 2004 11:39 AM by Pants2k

• "what's playing" scheduling application?

Jun 07, 2004 01:11 PM|Pants2k|LINK

I'm looking to create a "What's playing right now" ASP app for a community radio station. It needs to be quick and ideally small and identify who is currently on the air. My questions is one of architecture. Being an ASP newbie, I'm wondering what the easiest way to structure such an application would be? I was thinking about building a database with (Day of the week, Time Starts, Time Ends, DJ, Showname) and then culling info from there. Ideally though... since I'm not sure I'll be able to set up a database (since I don't exactly have free reign on this server), I'm curious as to what other options I have without making a huge list of code on the page to have to jumble through. Any suggestions would be much obliged. Thanks!
  • Re: "what's playing" scheduling application?

Jun 08, 2004 08:57 AM|tomkmvp|LINK

If you can't use a database I'd suggest storing the data in an XML file. You can then still use ADO against the XML data, as if it were in a database.
    Tom Kaminski (former IIS MVP 2002-2010)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
  • Re: "what's playing" scheduling application?

Jun 10, 2004 11:39 AM|Pants2k|LINK

Great idea. I was wondering how I was going to format a text file to give the info. XML will be so much easier. Thanks.