We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Login failed for user???RSS

2 replies

Last post May 07, 2004 06:23 AM by Mustaf

• Login failed for user???

May 06, 2004 10:00 PM|Mustaf|LINK

I save the ASP.NET page "myFirstDataGrid.aspx" in the directory .../wwwroot/s2 and run it by typing "http://localhost/myFirstDataGrid/myFirstDataGrid.aspx", I have an error as below... This topic is new for me I do not understand anything from the stack trace. Can anyone help me!!! Server Error in '/myFirstDataGrid' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Login failed for user 'BJK-J2HSTUH9A1G\ASPNET'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'BJK-J2HSTUH9A1G\ASPNET'. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [SqlException: Login failed for user 'BJK-J2HSTUH9A1G\ASPNET'.] System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +474 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState) +44 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36 Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI.SqlDataSourceControl.PopulateDataSet(DataSet dataSet, String listName) +500 Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI.SqlDataSourceControl.GetDataSource(String listName) +51 Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI.DataBoundControl.ResolveDataSource() +95 Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI.DataBoundControl.DataBind() +59 Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI.MxDataGrid.DataBind() +10 Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Web.UI.MxDataGrid.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +62 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1489 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
  • Re: Login failed for user???

May 06, 2004 10:29 PM|Ken Schaefer|LINK

Nothing to do with IIS - try an SQL Server/MSDE group instead. You are using Windows Integrated authentication in SQL Server/MSDE. This means that your application connects as it's configured Windows identity. On Windows 2000 this is the Machine\ASPNET user account. You will need to give that account permissions to login to your database server, and appropriate permissions to the database. If you are using SQL Server, you can use Enterprise Manager to do this. If you are using MSDE (and you don't have the GUI client tools), then you can use osql.exe to do this. http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=87085 Cheers Ken
  • Re: Login failed for user???

May 07, 2004 05:44 AM|Mustaf|LINK

Thanks!!!