We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

IIS 6 most effecient practicesRSS

1 reply

Last post May 06, 2004 08:43 PM by richarde

‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›
  • IIS 6 most effecient practices

May 06, 2004 08:21 PM|bhopkins|LINK

Hi all, I just moved several of my production sites to W2K3 from 2000, I've heard there are some tweaks that should be done onn IIS6 to make Asp.NEt applications run at peak effiecency. I can't seem to find the posts now nor can I remeber what they were, but I do remember something about changing the way it pools connections. Does anyone have tips on the best way to set up IIS 6 for Asp.Net apps. I have it running and it seems to be performing great, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else I need to look at, while I'm waiting on the DNS to propagte. Thanks Bruce
  • Re: IIS 6 most effecient practices

May 06, 2004 08:31 PM|richarde|LINK

Sure - to start with, make sure that you have Worker Process Isolation mode on. It's on by default if you do a clean install but off by default on an upgrade (to help with compatibility issues). Next, configure separate application pools for each site. If there are multiple apps in their own vdirs in those sites, you may even want separate app pools for those as well. There's more info at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/iis/default.mspx -Rich
‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›