We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Unable to publish or download because a required dependency is not installed.RSS

8 replies

Last post May 30, 2021 04:56 PM by xtracash

‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›
  • Unable to publish or download because a required dependency is not installed.

May 26, 2021 01:16 PM|J.O.S.H.U.A-S|LINK

The title is the error I am receiving while trying to publish using WebMatrix 3.0. I also have Web Platform Installer 5.1 installed.

I have:

1. - Restarted PC.
    2. - Joined different internet networks.
    3. - Verified all publishing settings.
    4. - Tried logging on and publishing on a different computer that another user is able to publish on with their login.
    5. - Had another user, that is able to publish, sign onto my computer and check that they are able to publish, which they can.

It must be something installed under my user profile, correct? I can't find any other threads about this issue.

I've dumped the full error message below:

Unable to download the Web Platform product list. Check your network connection and try again. If the problem persists, report the issue on the Web Platform Installer forum at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=145244.
    Details:
    'src' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '='. Line 135, position 19.

Unable to download the Web Platform product list. Check your network connection and try again. If the problem persists, report the issue on the Web Platform Installer forum at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=145244.
    Details:
    'src' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '='. Line 135, position 19.

System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to download the Web Platform product list. Check your network connection and try again. If the problem persists, report the issue on the Web Platform Installer forum at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=145244.
    Details:
    'src' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '='. Line 135, position 19. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: 'src' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '='. Line 135, position 19.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnexpectedToken(String expectedToken1, String expectedToken2)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.LineInfoDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(TextReader txtReader)
       at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.ProductManager.LoadDocument(String xmlPath)
       at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.ProductManager.LoadFromXml(String xmlFile, Boolean loadEnclosures)
       at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.ProductManager.Load(Uri productFileUrl, Boolean filterByArchitectureAndOS, Boolean loadEnclosures, Boolean useCachedVersion, String cacheDirectory, Architecture architecture, Int32 osType)
       at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.ProductManager.LoadExternalFile(Uri uri)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.ProductManagerFactory.Create(Uri primaryFeed, IEnumerable`1 customFeeds, EventHandler`1 updateAvailableHandler)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.OnlineFeedLoader.Load()
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.FeedLoader.EnsureLoaded()
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.OnlineFeedLoader.get_ApplicationKeywordDictionary()
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.WebMatrixProductService.get_ApplicationKeywordDictionary()
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.DependencyServiceImpl.<EnsureFeedWithWaitDialogUIInternal>b__b()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.DependencyServiceImpl.EnsureFeedWithWaitDialogUIInternal(String waitDailogMessage)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.DependencyServiceImpl.<>c__DisplayClass9.<EnsureFeedWithWaitDialogUI>b__8()
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Core.TaskServiceImplementation.<>c__DisplayClass19.<DispatcherInvoke>b__18()
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Core.TaskServiceImplementation.DispatcherInvokeInternal[U](DispatcherPriority priority, Func`1 method)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Core.TaskServiceImplementation.DispatcherInvoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Action method)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.DependencyServiceImpl.EnsureFeedWithWaitDialogUI(String waitDailogMessage)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.WebMatrixProductDependency.GetDependencies(IEnumerable`1 dependencyIds, IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.WebMatrixProductDependency.GetDependencies(DependencyTypes dependencyTypes, IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.Gallery.DependencyServiceImpl.EnsureDependencies(DependencyTypes dependencyTypes, String ensureDependenciesMessage)

• Re: Unable to publish or download because a required dependency is not installed.

May 27, 2021 02:52 AM|lextm|LINK

J.O.S.H.U.A-S

It must be something installed under my user profile, correct? I can't find any other threads about this issue.

https://forums.iis.net/t/1234128.aspx?WebMatrix+formal+support+ends+November+1st+2017 

Lex Li
    Want to have a chat on the issues you meet? Book an appointment at https://buy.stripe.com/cN24ia0yi7sAdIA7sv
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Re: Unable to publish or download because a required dependency is not installed.

May 27, 2021 10:16 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi J.O.S.H.U.A-S,

J.O.S.H.U.A-S

The title is the error I am receiving while trying to publish using WebMatrix 3.0. I also have Web Platform Installer 5.1 installed.

If the Web Platform Installer cannot be installed, then you can try to install it using an external link:

https://www.google.com.hk/search?q=webmatrix+3.0+download&rlz=1C1GCEU_zh-TWUS927US927&oq=WebMatrix+3.0+&aqs=chrome.1.69i59j0i22i30l3j69i60l3.1502j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Best regards,

Sam

IIS.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today. Learn more >

May 27, 2021 10:20 AM|J.O.S.H.U.A-S|LINK

I am fully aware that WebMatrix is in EOL. However, this is for my work's intranet and this is the tool they have always used.

WebMatrix 3.0 and Web Platform Installer are both already installed and I can open both, however the error persists.

May 27, 2021 10:58 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi J.O.S.H.U.A-S,

J.O.S.H.U.A-S

I am fully aware that WebMatrix is in EOL. However, this is for my work's intranet and this is the tool they have always used.

WebMatrix 3.0 and Web Platform Installer are both already installed and I can open both, however the error persists.

PLEASE READ: Installers no longer available via WebPI

The WebMatrix 3.0 team should did not re-release the installer, a subset of installers hosted on the download center are signed with a certificate that is no approved and have been automatically removed.

Best regards,

Sam

IIS.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today. Learn more >

May 27, 2021 12:10 PM|J.O.S.H.U.A-S|LINK

The issue I am having is not with installing, I already have WebMatrix 3 installed.

The issue I am having is with the publishing feature within WebMatrix itself.

May 27, 2021 03:53 PM|lextm|LINK

J.O.S.H.U.A-S

Microsoft has the freedom to shut down the backend services upon EOL, so merely having those legacy bits on your machine won't guarantee anything.

Lex Li
    Want to have a chat on the issues you meet? Book an appointment at https://buy.stripe.com/cN24ia0yi7sAdIA7sv
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

May 27, 2021 03:54 PM|J.O.S.H.U.A-S|LINK

People I work with are able to publish without any issue as to where I cannot.

Would this be because they installed before EOL?

May 30, 2021 04:56 PM|xtracash|LINK

I have the same issue, installed on new laptop, and I cant publish because of dependencies. Yet on my old laptop it works fine. I am sure there is a simple solution, we cant be the only ones having this problem. I also know the program is end of life, but it works well and want to continue using it as I know it works on my old laptop.

‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›