We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Do I need to "take down a site" first when using WPI to upgrade PHP to a newer patch release?RSS

3 replies

Last post May 09, 2021 09:27 PM by drogers@fredhutch.org

• Do I need to "take down a site" first when using WPI to upgrade PHP to a newer patch release?

May 06, 2021 07:40 PM|drogers@fredhutch.org|LINK

For instance, I need to upgrade PHP 7.3.16 to 7.3.25. Is there a WPI "transaction" of sorts so that pending website requests will not be fulfilled by a mixture of 7.3.16 and 7.3.25 code? Or do I need to take the website offline first?

David

• Re: Do I need to "take down a site" first when using WPI to upgrade PHP to a newer patch release?

May 07, 2021 01:37 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi drogers,

drogers@fredhutch.org

For instance, I need to upgrade PHP 7.3.16 to 7.3.25. Is there a WPI "transaction" of sorts so that pending website requests will not be fulfilled by a mixture of 7.3.16 and 7.3.25 code? Or do I need to take the website offline first?

Usually it’s not necessary, I suggest you try first, if you get problems, you can come to discuss.

Best regards,

Sam

IIS.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today. Learn more >
  • Re: Do I need to "take down a site" first when using WPI to upgrade PHP to a newer patch release?

May 07, 2021 05:43 PM|drogers@fredhutch.org|LINK

Hi Sam. It did not work. I went ahead and set the (REDCap) website to offline mode - it still didn't work. It turns out that perhaps I need to disable a scheduled task called "REDCap Cron Job".

Waiting for another outage timeslot to try that.

David

May 09, 2021 09:27 PM|drogers@fredhutch.org|LINK

It turns out that IIS server had to be stopped before I could get a clean PHP upgrade.