We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

ARR3.0 doesn't support WebSocket compression [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post May 11, 2021 03:44 PM by Xuefeng Wang

• ARR3.0 doesn't support WebSocket compression

May 06, 2021 07:04 PM|Xuefeng Wang|LINK

Hi,

I am trying ARR 3.0 with IIS10 on Windows 10 as a reverse proxy with WebSocket support, and I could make it work by setting “Sec-WebSocket-Extensions” to an empty value in URL Rewrtie rule, but this will lose WebSocket compression capability. How can I make WebSocket compression work in ARR?

Thanks,

Xuefeng

• Re: ARR3.0 doesn't support WebSocket compression

May 07, 2021 01:29 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi Xuefeng Wang,

Xuefeng Wang

ARR3.0 doesn't support WebSocket compression

Due a limitation of ARR 3.0, this component does not support compressed WebSocket frames; therefore, IIS is not capable of routing them. To make the WebSocket Proxy rule work, the WebSocket protocol must be enabled on the root node, but compression must not be enabled on the AcuToWeb node; add "ws_compression" : 0, to your gateway configuration file or clear the Use WebSock compression option on the Gateway Service Properties dialog box.

More information you can refer to this link: https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/extend-acucobol/1011/GUID-81B323FA-6AE6-438A-A1F5-016D7F45A097.html.

Best regards,

Sam

IIS.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today. Learn more >
  • Re: ARR3.0 doesn't support WebSocket compression

May 11, 2021 03:44 PM|Xuefeng Wang|LINK

Thanks Sam!