We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

IIS 10 - Response stuck in "SendResponse"RSS

5 replies

Last post Mar 17, 2021 08:10 AM by samwu

• IIS 10 - Response stuck in "SendResponse"

Mar 14, 2021 03:20 PM|bertasoft|LINK

Is there a way to configure IIS to cancel a request that has been in the SendResponse state for X number of seconds? How much control over this can we have?

If the client is no longer connected, will IIS continue sending the response until it has completed, or will it abort the operation?

I see some requests that stay forever until the pool reset (that I DON'T WANT TO DO for some business logic)

• Re: IIS 10 - Response stuck in "SendResponse"

Mar 16, 2021 05:40 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi bertasoft,

bertasoft

Is there a way to configure IIS to cancel a request that has been in the SendResponse state for X number of seconds? How much control over this can we have?

iis is not possible, you can only interrupt the request through the client, the server does not have the permissions to interrupt the request.

Best regards,

Sam

IIS.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today. Learn more >

Mar 16, 2021 07:05 AM|lextm|LINK

bertasoft

That's usually controlled by your web framework. For example, ASP.NET runtime does track down request processing time so that you can time out certain requests, IIS Request Timeout on long ASP.NET operation - Stack Overflow

Lex Li
    Want to have a chat on the issues you meet? Book an appointment at https://buy.stripe.com/cN24ia0yi7sAdIA7sv
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Mar 16, 2021 02:31 PM|bertasoft|LINK

Well this can be a problem. There are some requests that are in the "SendResponse" for 71622250 (Time Elapsed) and more. It's crap that I've to reset iis for that. 

The requests are simply jpg/png file. Where is the timeout for these? Forcing clean up ?

ps.: Using Windows Server 2019

Mar 16, 2021 02:50 PM|bertasoft|LINK

RequestTimeout are for code / server site, c# long process. The error is relative to some clients that drop and IIS isn't capable to detect and keep open.

Session.Timeout

ExecutionTimeout

ScriptTimeout

etc.

Tried also to increment "minBytesPerSecond", nothing

Every (*)timeout that i've tried to set do nothing on "SendResponse" stuck. I've waited for days. Nothing. The request lives forever.

It's incredible that a web server like this hasn't a timeout for this.

However thank you for support. If someone have a suggestion please write here. 

Mar 17, 2021 08:10 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi bertasoft,

This is a new question, please post it in new thread.

Best regards,

Sam

IIS.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today. Learn more >