We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

ARR 3.0 installation on IIS 8 windows server 2012 R2RSS

1 reply

Last post Mar 08, 2021 07:14 AM by Brucz

• ARR 3.0 installation on IIS 8 windows server 2012 R2

Mar 05, 2021 11:00 AM|yannis.aglamisis|LINK

I'm trying to install ARR 3.0 on IIS 8 and windows server 2012 R2 through the Web Platform installer. When I press 'Install' the installation seems to proceed and finish successfully, but what is installed finally is the ARR 2.5 with KB2589179. I retried to install ARR 3.0 but the result is the same.

I need the ARR 3.0 because of the WebSocket support

UPDATE: In the Event Viewer I see the error "The Module DLL C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\rewrite.dll failed to load.  The data is the error."

• Re: ARR 3.0 installation on IIS 8 windows server 2012 R2

Mar 08, 2021 07:14 AM|Brucz|LINK

Hi yannis.aglamisis,

If you check the programs and features on Control Panel, you will find that ARR3.0 has been installed.

The same situation appeared in my test. So I think it may be a error in web platform.

yannis.aglamisis

UPDATE: In the Event Viewer I see the error "The Module DLL C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\rewrite.dll failed to load.  The data is the error."

This issue can be solved by the repair or reinstall of  Url Rewrite.

Best regards,

Brucz

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.