We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

IIS ARR web farm set-up error 503 issues with application pool crashingRSS

1 reply

Last post Feb 23, 2021 02:20 AM by Brucz

• IIS ARR web farm set-up error 503 issues with application pool crashing

Feb 22, 2021 07:20 AM|BenzoPete|LINK

Hello,

all new installs of windows server 2019

I have created a web content server, primary arr server and two additional load balancing servers. All three iis servers work fine through shared content to the content server using host files on a test machine. The problem is when I add the servers to the ARR load balancing on the primary IIS server all three server application pools stop, and kick our an error 503. This when I run health test please see the attached. It seems that no communication is available between the primary server and the load servers. I can not manage the IIS servers from the primary IIS ARR server, The connection fails. Any thoughts?         Err0r 503

• Re: IIS ARR web farm set-up error 503 issues with application pool crashing

Feb 23, 2021 02:20 AM|Brucz|LINK

Hi BenzoPete,

The attached image cannot load. Please upload it correctly. 

You can check event viewer to get more information about application pool stop. It will tell you detailed error message.

One possibility is the application pool fails 5 times in less than 5 minutes. It could happen if your credentials for the service account isn't correct. Try using a different credentials (or use Network Service/Local System) just for testing purpose.

Best regards,

Brucz

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.