We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

How can I allow an app pool to have read access to a folder and its subfolders too [Answered]RSS

6 replies

Last post Feb 10, 2021 06:39 PM by justin.jalandoni

• How can I allow an app pool to have read access to a folder and its subfolders too

Feb 08, 2021 11:49 PM|justin.jalandoni|LINK

Title says it

• Re: How can I allow an app pool to have read access to a folder and its subfolders too

Feb 09, 2021 07:11 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

you could assign application pool permission to the folder and subfolder by following below steps:

1) Open Windows Explorer
    2) Select the folder which you want to assign permission
    3) Right-click the directory and select Properties
    4) Select the Security tab
    5) Click the Edit button and then Add button
    6) Enter IIS AppPool\<appoolname> (eg: IIS AppPool\ssample) in the Enter the object names to select: text box.
    7) Click the Check Names button and click OK.
    8) Check Read under the Allow column, and click OK, and OK.

9) For the subfolder select advance from the Security tab.

10) Check the replace all child object cehbox.

Best Regards,

Jalpa

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.
  • Re: How can I allow an app pool to have read access to a folder and its subfolders too

Feb 09, 2021 01:54 PM|justin.jalandoni|LINK

Hello, I get this error when I try to access the web page:

Feb 09, 2021 02:04 PM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

try to set IUSR,IIS_IUSRS and NETWORK SERVICE full control permission to the site root folder.

Make sure you enabled Anonymous Authentication and by click on edit check it is using IUSR or application pool identity.

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Feb 09, 2021 02:44 PM|justin.jalandoni|LINK

May I know how I can do that?

Feb 10, 2021 07:29 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

1) Open Windows Explorer
    2) Select the folder which you want to assign permission
    3) Right-click the directory and select Properties
    4) Select the Security tab
    5) Click the Edit button and then Add button
    6) Enter IUSR in the Enter the object names to select: text box.
    7) Click the Check Names button and click OK.
    8) Check Full control under the Allow column, and click OK, and OK.

follow the same step to assign IIS_IUSRS and NETWORK SERVICE permission to the folder.

Feb 10, 2021 06:39 PM|justin.jalandoni|LINK

Thanks!