We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

App=EntityFramework [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Jan 21, 2021 09:35 AM by samwu

• App=EntityFramework

Jan 21, 2021 12:08 AM|Roemesh|LINK

Hi Expert,

what is the meaning of entity framework and why it is using in conneciton pool, instead of user name and pwd

data source=Itest ;initial catalog=Market security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework

what is exactly happening here and how it is connected to the database.how it reads data

• Re: App=EntityFramework

Jan 21, 2021 01:49 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi Roemesh,

Roemesh

what is the meaning of entity framework and why it is using in conneciton pool, instead of user name and pwd

data source=Itest ;initial catalog=Market security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework

what is exactly happening here and how it is connected to the database.how it reads data

Entity Framework is an open source object-relational mapping framework for ADO.NET. It was originally shipped as an integral part of .NET Framework.  The App is just the synonym of the Application Name, App is simply a way for somebody debugging SQL Server to know which client is connecting to it. If you had a SQL Server that has several apps that used it, it might be hard to know which one was sending which statements. If each app used a different Application Name it would be very clear.

Best regards,

Sam

IIS.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today. Learn more >

Jan 21, 2021 08:14 AM|Roemesh|LINK

Hi Expert, 

What is app in sql server? I know database

If I write entityframework then no need of password . Is there any other configuration I have to do it to work it

Roemesh

Jan 21, 2021 09:35 AM|samwu|LINK

Hi Roemesh,

Roemesh

What is app in sql server? I know database

I answered above, the App is simply a way for somebody debugging SQL Server to know which client is connecting to it.

Roemesh

Is there any other configuration I have to do it to work it

Usually a complete connection string is as follows:

<connectionStrings>    
      <add name="DataModelContainer" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" connectionString="metadata=res://*/DataModel.csdl|res://*/DataModel.ssdl|res://*/DataModel.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=(LocalDB)\instance;Initial Catalog=TestDB;user id=UserName;password=*****;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework'"/>
    </connectionStrings>

Best regards,

Sam

IIS.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today. Learn more >