Last post Jan 13, 2021 02:00 AM by Brucz

‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›
  • IIS NLB problem

Jan 11, 2021 02:46 PM|checcosr|LINK

Hi, my environment is like this:

Server0 = DC

Server1 = FE01 (IIS with NLB)

Server2 = FE02 (IIS with NLB)

My environment is located on Azure, we are talking about virtual machines with a network card for each VM and an NSG in common to all.

I have set the static IP address for all VMs.

On Server1 and Server2 I installed IIS and a NLB (network load balancer) features on Windows Server 2016.

During the installation of the NLB I set the balancer IP address and the port rule (port 80, multiple host, affinity single).

First I would like to ask if it was normal that after rebooting the VM, in the NLB tool I only see one node respectively in each VMs: For exampe: in Server1 I see the Server1 node, in Server2 I see the Server2 node. 

I only see them together the first time I add them....

The other (big) problem is that if I go to the VM DC (after creating the DNS for the IP address of the NLB) it doesn't resolve (in browser) anything!
    What am I doing wrong?
    Does it have anything to do with Azure?

Regards

checco

• Re: IIS NLB problem

Jan 12, 2021 03:19 AM|Brucz|LINK

Hi checcosr,

I think this will not affect load balancing. Have you tried shutting down the IIS of server1 and then sending the request to see if the request will be loaded on server2?

Best regards,

Brucz

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Jan 12, 2021 07:33 AM|checcosr|LINK

Unfortunately if I try to call the NLB address on the vm DC browser, see screen

Jan 13, 2021 02:00 AM|Brucz|LINK

Hi checcosr,

I tested on my server, it cannot be seen from the cluster after restarting.

I think it was a restart that caused the server to be removed from the cluster. You need to manually re-add the server.

Best regards,

Brucz

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.
‹ Previous Thread|Next Thread ›