We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Please clarify [Answered]RSS

4 replies

Last post Oct 08, 2020 03:30 AM by Brucz

• Please clarify

Oct 07, 2020 02:34 AM|Parkiis|LINK

What is difference between web farm framework and arr?

What is shared configuration and how it is useful?

Please clarify

• Re: Please clarify

Oct 07, 2020 08:33 AM|Brucz|LINK

Hi Parkiis,

The web farm frameworks has been integrated to Application request routing.The server farm framework ensures that you can combine multiple independent servers into a server farm. When the request volume is too large, it can be allocated to each server to reduce the pressure on a single server. The role of arr is to allocate the request before the request reaches the server farm and decide which server to send the request to. Reverse proxy while load balancing.

Shared configuration allows you to export and send the configuration file to other servers after configuring on one server. After importing the file, other servers can have the same configuration as the first server. This has an excellent effect in configuring content servers in the server farm, avoiding a large number of configurations for each server. 

Best regards,

Brucz

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Oct 07, 2020 09:28 AM|Parkiis|LINK

brucz thanks for clarifying. by the way can you also please let me know what exactly reverse proxy technique? 

• Rovastar Rovastar

5495 Posts

MVP

Re: Please clarify

Oct 08, 2020 01:43 AM|Rovastar|LINK

YOu are askinga lot of questions about the basics of using ARR.

I suggest rather then asking question after question is to learn a bit about ARR and read some documentation about it .

The way I learnt about ARR in detail was watching the videos by excellent videos by Scott Forsyth from here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG2EHzEbhy087YTxXULOGtx6VLMQriVVi

I watched them more than once to undertand it all.

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/

Oct 08, 2020 03:30 AM|Brucz|LINK

Hi Parkiis,

In simple terms, a reverse proxy means that the client sends a request to the server, and the request will pass through the proxy server before going to the target server. Hiding the target server ip from the client is a reverse proxy.

But this has nothing to do with what you asked in this thread. If you want a more detailed explanation, I suggest you create a new thread.

Best regards,

Brucz

.NET forums are moving to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, we encourage you to go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.