HA IIS Fails to Start with Clustweb scriptRSS

2 replies

Last post Sep 11, 2020 08:56 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• HA IIS Fails to Start with Clustweb script

Sep 08, 2020 04:27 AM|Steve.wu|LINK

Hi, 

We have a 2 node w2016 cluster configured with a single mounted drive/IP that moves from one node to the other. The website files are on this z:\ thats only active on the active node at any point in time.  We are not using NLB, however I have configured a shared configuration for IIS that works when failing over, and then manually starting/stopping IIS.

I want to start IIS on a node after failover automatically.   

I've copied  the script for clusweb7.vbs here   (i've added my site/pool, and set start_pool/start_website to 1, and fixed the *Index typo too) but i just cant seem to get IIS to start consistently.

If no services are running it will fail, with an error in event viewer stating script error line 135    This line is still the default from the script linked above. (Set callStartMethod = startMethod.CreateInstance() )

Can anyone help me?  Ive lost alot of hair over this so far!

• Re: HA IIS Fails to Start with Clustweb script

Sep 08, 2020 07:53 AM|Steve.wu|LINK

Right, its working now.  What a pain.

In the script it needs to be 0,0,1 for start web/pool/stop.  Don't change it from default.

fix the IndeS in the script typo,    script only works when running from the cluster services manager window, I was able to get it to do anything from CMD/cscript

• Re: HA IIS Fails to Start with Clustweb script

Sep 11, 2020 08:56 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

If your issue is solved then I request you to mark the helpful suggestion as an answer. This will help other people who face the same issue.

If your issue still exists then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.