SFTP/HTTPS File Server on IIS 10 in WIndows Server 2019RSS

2 replies

Last post Sep 04, 2020 09:57 AM by Brucz

• SFTP/HTTPS File Server on IIS 10 in WIndows Server 2019

Sep 03, 2020 07:55 PM|micleo|LINK

The idea is to have an FTP site for two users to have read/write with SSL (TLS 1.2+) on port 21. So Filezilla and WinSCP can connect to it. Then have a website for clients (forced to ssl) to download those files. So they can send them to downloads.mycompany.com.

• I have a valid DigiCert Wildcard cert for *.mycompany.com.
    • No windows AD domain.
    • Two users User1 & User2 with a password and a group FTP_Write. User1 & 2 are in said group.

I keep getting access denied or I get "Local policy on server does not allow TLS secure connections." if I use the downloads.company.com|User1 or 2.

I am at a brick wall. I'm about to just download Filezilla Server and call it a day. Or put it all on Linux.

• Re: SFTP/HTTPS File Server on IIS 10 in WIndows Server 2019

Sep 04, 2020 06:19 AM|lextm|LINK

micleo

if I use the downloads.company.com|User1 or 2

Why do you need "downloads.company.com|" prefix if you don't use virtual host name in that FTP site binding? Or did you explicitly set a virtual host name? You didn't mention such critical settings anywhere yet.

You can feel free to switch to Linux though, if you find it easier to understand its documentation.

Lex Li
    Affordable IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Re: SFTP/HTTPS File Server on IIS 10 in WIndows Server 2019

Sep 04, 2020 09:57 AM|Brucz|LINK

Hi Micleo,

Is your security certificate also set at the server level?

When you receive a denial of access information, the reason for the denial should also be fed back to you. What is the specific reason?

Best regards,

Brucz