Ensuring Windows Server 2016/2019 Is Properly Configured to Accept Requests from an FTP ClientRSS

1 reply

Last post Jul 20, 2020 02:36 PM by lextm

• Ensuring Windows Server 2016/2019 Is Properly Configured to Accept Requests from an FTP Client

Jul 20, 2020 01:19 PM|mrockman|LINK

I have a C# program that makes it easy to transfer files using the ftp protocol. It works fine on Server A. But on Server B it throws an exception after the data channel is "connected," at the point where it tries to "connect" the control channel. I have configured the ftp feature under IIS on the Server B so that all available port numbers are available to be used. Every single one. Yet I get a timeout. What else can I try? The firewall is completely disabled. Windows Server 2016 provides the following hint: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xx.xx.xx.xx:59726

• Re: Ensuring Windows Server 2016/2019 Is Properly Configured to Accept Requests from an FTP Clien...

Jul 20, 2020 02:36 PM|lextm|LINK

mrockman

have a C# program that makes it easy to transfer files using the ftp protocol. It works fine on Server A. But on Server B it throws an exception after the data channel is "connected," at the point where it tries to "connect" the control channel.

Instead of using your own C# program, try to reproduce the issue with an FTP client such as FileZilla. That should rule out any configuration issue you have on Windows Firewall and IIS FTP.

If FileZilla works fine, then we know the issue is in your C# code, and then you might post to sites like Stack Overflow to see any developer might want to help you out.

Lex Li
    Affordable IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.