IIS Certificate errorRSS

2 replies

Last post Jun 29, 2020 06:49 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• IIS Certificate error

Jun 28, 2020 11:57 AM|Satyam77|LINK

Hi all, I am new to IIS. I have windows server2016 and I wanted to host my 3 business websites from my home a few months back, so I watched some videos about IIS hosting and hosted my websites. Everything is working fine. Now I wanted to use SSL certificate for my websites, so I did some research and tried to install SSL certificate in IIS. Problem is only one site is working and other two are not working. Can someone tell me whats wrong? Or give me some link to documentation on using SSL on my my multiple sites with single static IP.

• Re: IIS Certificate error

Jun 28, 2020 12:56 PM|mbanavige|LINK

Mike Banavige
  • Re: IIS Certificate error

Jun 29, 2020 06:49 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

you could try to use the unique host header with https binding and check the Require Server Name Indication checkbox to resolve the issue.

you could create self-signed certificate for your site in iis by using below steps:

1)Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager

2)Click on the server name in the Connections column on the left and double-click on Server Certificates

3)Click on Create Self-Signed Certificate from the Actions pane.

4)Type any meaningful name and then click OK to proceed

you could also use below PowerShell command to create a certificate:

New-SelfSignedCertificate -DnsName www.test.com -CertStoreLocation cert:Localmachine\My

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.