FTP Access IIS 10RSS

3 replies

Last post Jun 29, 2020 02:10 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• FTP Access IIS 10

Jun 25, 2020 01:38 PM|herurgm|LINK

Hi

I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP folder from any device on the LAN using username and password of my new user it refuses to let me in showing the following: Could not log in to the FTP server with the username and password specified.

Steps that I have gone through when setting up FTP:

Created ftp folder and set up FTP server

1. specified path to the folder
    2. did not use SSL
    3. specified IP
    4. Created new windows user and added this user to FTP authorisation Rules
    5. Excluded FTP from firewall
    6. Allowed new user access to the folder itself
    7. Tried to access using both file directory and internet explorer
      Did not enable port triggering in the router as was only planning to use FTP locally

I would highly appreciate your help

• Re: FTP Access IIS 10

Jun 26, 2020 02:33 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

First, try to assign the machine user full control permission to the FTP site folder. make sure Microsoft FTP service is running.if you are using hostname with FTP site then try to access the site with <hostheader>|<username>.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/200475/error-message-in-iis-530-user-username-cannot-log-in-login-failed

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Jun 26, 2020 03:58 PM|herurgm|LINK

Thanks a lot.

Granted full control to client user instead of just read and write, seem to work great.

Jun 29, 2020 02:10 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

Is your issue solved?

If your issue is solved then I request you to mark the helpful suggestion as an answer. This will help other people who face the same issue.

If your issue still exists then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Jalpa.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.