MVC5 application throws error 403.14 on some of the IIS 8.5 (Windows Server 2012 R2)RSS

4 replies

Last post Jun 23, 2020 08:35 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• MVC5 application throws error 403.14 on some of the IIS 8.5 (Windows Server 2012 R2)

Jun 22, 2020 03:53 PM|Kamal Dhanani|LINK

I have an MVC5 application on IIS 8.5 (Windows Server 2012 R2). Suddenly It started throwing error 403.14 (The web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory)

My Website is an MVC5 application and it also contains a web API application. Both the MVC website and web API is running on the separate application pool. A web API application works fine but when we try to access an MVC application it throws error 403.14. 

I have confirmed the following things:

1) Application Pools are .net V4 and Managed Pipeline mode set to Integrated

2) Website root folder has proper permission for IIS_IUSRS

3) Application Pool Enable 32bit Application - False

4) Application Pool Identity - LocalSystem

Any help is appreciated. 

• Rovastar Rovastar

5468 Posts

MVP

Re: MVC5 application throws error 403.14 on some of the IIS 8.5 (Windows Server 2012 R2)

Jun 22, 2020 06:03 PM|Rovastar|LINK

Do you want to show the directory listings?! or is the app meant to do something else when you goto the directory level?

Often it is MVC stuff it will be the code of the routing

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/
  • Re: MVC5 application throws error 403.14 on some of the IIS 8.5 (Windows Server 2012 R2)

Jun 22, 2020 06:08 PM|Kamal Dhanani|LINK

I don't want show directory listings. 

• Re: MVC5 application throws error 403.14 on some of the IIS 8.5 (Windows Server 2012 R2)

Jun 22, 2020 11:14 PM|lextm|LINK

Kamal Dhanani

when we try to access an MVC application it throws error 403.14. 

What URL gives you that error?

Lex Li
    IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Jun 23, 2020 08:35 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

Could you please share a detailed error message snapshot? 

try to add below code in the web.config file:

<system.webServer>
     <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true"/>
    </system.webServer>

or if you are using routing module then use below setting:

<modules>
      <remove name="UrlRoutingModule-4.0" />
      <add name="UrlRoutingModule-4.0" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule" preCondition="" />
      <!-- any other modules you want to run in MVC e.g. FormsAuthentication, Roles etc. -->
    </modules>

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.