Files downloaded using Network Load balancing are significantly slower than when bypassedRSS

1 reply

Last post Apr 16, 2020 03:34 AM by Yuk Ding

• Files downloaded using Network Load balancing are significantly slower than when bypassed

Apr 15, 2020 01:27 PM|trevoryour_cp|LINK

I don't believe this is an IIS issue but the people in the NLB forum sent me here.

I have been tracking a problem with download issues.  We think we have tracked it back to the NLB that is running on our ARR farm.  If I point directly to one of the ARR server its 1.2Mbps but when I connect to NLB its less then 300Kbps.  I created an open source load balancer and set it up to load balance all traffic that I send to it to the 2 ARR servers.  I then set up some tests where I created 2 URLs that point to either NLB or are open source NLB solution.  Once past the load balancing it flows through ARR as it normally would and routes the request to the same file on the same server.

I just performed another test and while the speeds are slower than yesterday the difference between the 2 is still very apparent.

• Re: Files downloaded using Network Load balancing are significantly slower than when bypassed

Apr 16, 2020 03:34 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi trevoryour_cp,

There is no  configuration in ARR would restrict the download speed. I think NLB might restricted the performance.

I just contact the engineer in TechNet and they will follow up with your previous thread.

Best Regards,

Jokies Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.