parseError making the asp page to fail and show 500 internal error on Windows Server 2019RSS

3 replies

Last post Feb 27, 2020 11:58 AM by AshutoshApte

• parseError making the asp page to fail and show 500 internal error on Windows Server 2019

Feb 13, 2020 01:20 PM|AshutoshApte|LINK

var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument.6.0");
    xmlDoc.load(XMLFile);
    if (xmlDoc.parseError.errorCode != 0) {   
       var myErr = xmlDoc.parseError;   //This line making asp page to fail
       Response.Write("XML Parse Error: " + myErr.reason + XMLFile);
    dbDisconnect();
       Response.End;

This errors only on Windows Server 2019. On Windows Server 2016 it works fine.

• Re: parseError making the asp page to fail and show 500 internal error on Windows Server 2019

Feb 14, 2020 09:45 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi AshutoshApte,

Please go to IIS ->site node-> ASP->"send error to browser" to true and post the detailed error message.

Best Regards,

Jokies Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
  • Re: parseError making the asp page to fail and show 500 internal error on Windows Server 2019

Feb 14, 2020 10:32 AM|AshutoshApte|LINK

Tried doing that but still gives the same error. I have taken the crashdump and it shows C000005 Trappable error.

Also, when I converted a asp page to UTF-8 it is showing some weird ASCII characters just before all the lines in above code.

something like "xA0"... When I remove these characters the page works. Not sure why only Server 2019 has issues with these characters as the pages are all same since they come from a setup.

Feb 27, 2020 11:58 AM|AshutoshApte|LINK

One thing found is, if we change the App Pool setting to "No Managed Code" the ASP pages starts working fine however, now .Net pages starts failing. Do we need to separate .Net app pool and Classic ASP App Pool?