FTP SPEEDSRSS

3 replies

Last post Feb 11, 2020 11:57 AM by douxtech

• FTP SPEEDS

Feb 05, 2020 06:31 PM|Acecom85|LINK

Good morning reader. I have set up a basic window 10 FTP on my home desktop, which is functioning for all intensive purposes correctly. However upon transferring a somewhat large file (6gbs) to a colleague last night the download eventually failed. With what i can only assume was a timeout issue or something. Since the download was crawling at a dismal 1mbs, we both have good connection speeds above 300mb/s with uploads above 15mb/s.

Is there anyway in IIS to allow for faster download / upload speeds? There is no 3rd party software being used, my colleague connects via the FTP://ip in a browser of their choosing with basic authentication user / pass, no SSL. During sessions all firewalls are turned off.

• Re: FTP SPEEDS

Feb 06, 2020 10:08 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi Acecom85,

IIS itself doesn't control the upload/download speed. Besides, the max upload size limit is 2GB. So you may need to sub-pack the file or try the other software. 

In addition, some browser like edge are not designed for uploading/downloading  big data. Sometimes it will close the connection after a period of time when you upload a file over 4gb.

Best Regards,

Jokies Ding 

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Feb 07, 2020 12:31 PM|Lewis-H|LINK

You can't limit download speed but you can limit the overall traffic to a particular website:

1. Open IIS MMC
    2. Select Website
    3. Select Performance tab
    4. Enable 'Bandwidth throttling'

Feb 11, 2020 11:57 AM|douxtech|LINK

Thanks Its  Helpful for me...