Webfarms - getting more troughput RSS

1 reply

Last post Jan 16, 2020 03:43 AM by Yuk Ding

• Webfarms - getting more troughput

Jan 15, 2020 09:35 AM|Systemadmin|LINK

Hey Forum

I am looking for some advice to optimize the File I/O from my current setup.

I have a single farm running a shared config, using AD Credentials in Application Pool and one DFS Shares.

My bottleneck problem is that I have one DFS Share serving 12 servers, and I want to optimize this by copying the website to c:\website\websitename.com to the 12 servers.

My own solution is to decommision 11 Servers and keep the webdeploy for one server and create a new farm where I use robocopy to allways copy from the DFS Shares to C:\websites\websitename.com and only copy if there is a new file from the DFS share.

My problem is that the webserver is running 24/7/365 and each server has about 10% CPU Utililazation and my hope is that I take less CPU interruption from the DFS Server and put this on each server, so that the files are served from each server instead of the active DFS Server.

What is the best way to resolve this, when the aim is Zero intervention by me and the developers?

• Re: Webfarms - getting more troughput

Jan 16, 2020 03:43 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi Systemadmin,

This forum is just regarding IIS ARR web farm instead of DFS. So I'm afraid you can't get professional advice from here. Maybe you could post your question to DFS forum for more help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverfiles

Best Regards,

Jokies Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.