IIS 10, WEB FARM(ARR) [Answered]RSS

4 replies

Last post Dec 10, 2019 05:46 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• IIS 10, WEB FARM(ARR)

Dec 09, 2019 10:46 AM|pashtetadomanet@mail.ru|LINK

Good day! Sorry for my english and maybe not a competent question. Thanks!

There are 2 application servers, if you go to each bottom, then everything works.
    You need to configure the Web Farm (controller)
    If the user logs on to the controller, then first he will get to the first application server, then the next request will be sent to the second application server. That is balancing.
    I tried to create rules in "URL REWRITE" but it didn’t work, either just the default page opens or an error ...
    Tell me how to create a rule that works:

match url: matches the pattern, using: wildcards

pattern: *

conditions --epmty--

server variables --empty--

action type: Route to Server Farm

Scheme: http:/    Server farm: app   Path: /{R:0}

if such settings - then error 404,
    I tried other settings with a condition, but it does not work.
    But if I configure 2 redirection rules (for each application server), then only the upper rule works, requests to the second server do not go until you delete the rule of the first server. That is, there is no balancing.

• Re: IIS 10, WEB FARM(ARR)

Dec 10, 2019 01:56 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

For load balancing in iis you could follow the below steps:

1)you need to download below extensions for iis:

IIS Management Service

Application Request Routing(ARR)

Url rewrite

2)host the same application on the server which you want to use in load balance with the same bindings.

3)make sure that iis management service is started on all the server and windows and iis credential radio button is selected.

4)From IIS Manager under root node, select server farm and right-click on it and select Create Server Farm.

Specify the name of the server farm and select next.

In the Add Servers step, enter the server name or IP address of a server you want to add and then click Add. Continue typing IP addresses and clicking Add until all web servers are entered.

Click Finish.

when you click on finish it will ask for the routing rule click "yes" it will create a rule which routs the request your farm servers.

which look like below:

You can find this at your server farm name->routing rules->select URL rewrite from the action pane.

5)now go back and again select the server farm name and select load balance.

6)On the Load Balance page, select algorithm e.g. Weighted round-robin from the Load balance algorithm list, and then click Apply.

Load balancing algorithm:
    Weighted round-robin – Distributes traffic based on the number of incoming requests and their normalized weight. Each server can receive the same distribution of requests or a custom distribution.
    Server variable hash – Distributes traffic based on a hashed value of a server variable.
    Query string hash – Distributes traffic based on the hashed value of the query string value. When more than one query string name is specified, the concatenated string of the corresponding query string value is used for the hash.
    Request hash – Distributes traffic based on the hashed value of the configured server variable or URL. For example, if the server variable is QUERY_STRING, the hashed value is based on the names in the request query string.

For a test, you can see the result on the Monitoring and Management page.

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Dec 10, 2019 03:29 AM|pashtetadomanet@mail.ru|LINK

I am really sorry, What I may not have fully explained

The farm I created, the balancing algorithm Round Robin is installed.
    1. What condition should be added in "URL Rewrite"
    When we go to the default IIS site, the site opens by default, but redirecting to the farm should work. (route to server farm not working)
    2. Health test, how to set up?
    added the URL http: // contoso / status .txt and the page is available - but the test fails

Dec 10, 2019 05:45 AM|pashtetadomanet@mail.ru|LINK

Thanks

Figured out
    the whole problem was in the ports, since this is a test environment - the ports were 8000. Accordingly, they have not yet tested it on a test environment, and therefore have not translated it to 80/443
    Rules "URL REWRITER" has created an AUTOMATIC RULE - but it turns out it works
    Further, WINDOWS Authentication - kerberos was configured, and accordingly the link did not pass the test, since the user was not an administrator, who is not in the application database
    As an exception, web config added a link.
    Thank you
    To summarize, I configured IIS ARR correctly =) I just did not understand the application config

Dec 10, 2019 05:46 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

I am glad that your issue is resolved. 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.