Handler won't receive request after URL-Rewrite.RSS

4 replies

Last post Nov 27, 2019 07:13 PM by lextm

• Handler won't receive request after URL-Rewrite.

Nov 27, 2019 01:40 PM|Frank_2019|LINK

I'm running URL-Rewrite 7.2.1993 on Windows 2019 Server (IIS 10) and Bluedragon 7.1.1, which is a ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML) engine comparable to Adobe Systems's ColdFusion.

Everything works fine, but if I use the "URL Rewrite"-Modul, the referenced Coldfusion-Page is interpreted as HTML.
    This only happens with the "Rewrite"-Function, the "Redirect"-Function works very well. It seems, that the Bluedragon handler won't receive the request after URL-Rewrite.

I changed the sorting in "Handler mappings" but it did not help.

On an other system (Windows 2008 R2, IIS 7.5) with URL Rewrite 7.2.2 and Bluedragon 7.1.1, everything works fine.

Can someone help?

• Re: Handler won't receive request after URL-Rewrite.

Nov 27, 2019 03:42 PM|lextm|LINK

Frank_2019

I changed the sorting in "Handler mappings" but it did not help.

What tells you that might work then?

You should enable FRT on both servers, and analyze the differences in request processing,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/extensions/url-rewrite-module/using-failed-request-tracing-to-trace-rewrite-rules

That can reveal more information for you to determine the possible cause and solution.

Lex Li
    https://lextudio.com
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Nov 27, 2019 04:48 PM|Frank_2019|LINK

lextm

What tells you that might work then?

Because URL-Rewrite works properly and only the result is misinterpreted or the responsible handler does not receive the request.

Maybe i have to define a outbound rule?

Nov 27, 2019 07:03 PM|Frank_2019|LINK

Thanks for the FRT tip. I checked the log files and found a big difference:

The log file from the working server contains the following entry:

"117. i HANDLER_CHANGED OldHandlerName="", NewHandlerName="BlueDragonServerJX-CFM", NewHandlerModules="ManagedPipelineHandler", NewHandlerScriptProcessor="", NewHandlerType="NewAtlanta.ServletExec.Handler, BlueDragon.JX.HttpHandler, Version=7.1.*.*, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f94c82d028af2f98"

And the log file from the other server does not contain any entry with the value "BlueDragonServer" ...

Nov 27, 2019 07:13 PM|lextm|LINK

Frank_2019

I checked the log files and found a big difference:

Then it is now time to open up applicationHost.config and web.config to check around "BlueDragonServerJX-CFM". That should guide you to the right track.

Lex Li
    https://lextudio.com
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.