ARR with Exchange and Multiple WebsitesRSS

1 reply

Last post Nov 29, 2019 09:22 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• ARR with Exchange and Multiple Websites

Nov 27, 2019 09:41 AM|colinr|LINK

Hi Guys,

I've seen similar posts to what I'm trying to achieve, but not specific and I've not had much luck in getting them to work.

I have a test lab at home that consists of the following VM's:

DC - 192.168.1.2

Exchange - 192.168.1.3

My ISP Router - 192.168.1.1

ARR  - 192.168.1.7 (Used in my testing, now turned off)

WebSvr - 192.168.1.6 (Used in my testing, now turned off)

I only have one public static IP address, and as a result of this have had to place my web sites onto the Exchange VM, and have forwarded ports 25, 80, 443 from the router to 192.168.1.3. (During my testing 80 and 443 were forwarded to the ARR server).

I also use Let's Encrypt for the free SSL certificates (Exchange and web-sites), everything works fine at the moment except for the Exchange SSL certificate, which I have to conduct some manual actions on every renewal to make it work).

I would ideally like to move the web-sites onto their own dedicated VM, I've so far tried using ARR and a Linux solution (Nginx), and not been able to get it to work.

The server has 2 NIC's but I'm only using one of them, is it mandatory to use both when setting up the ARR proxy?

I'm using Server 2016 standard and Exchange 2016 if that makes any difference. (The ARR and WebSvr will probably need re-installation due to configuration issues).

I'm looking for some kind of authoritative guide to get this to work,

Thank you

• Re: ARR with Exchange and Multiple Websites

Nov 29, 2019 09:22 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

make sure you install arr and URL rewrite extension and .net and tracing module of iis.

Export the Exchange certificate (from a CAS) and import the certificate to the local machine certificate store on the IIS Reverse Proxy, together with any required root or intermediate certificates. 

add https binding to the site with an exchange certificate.

and configure the server farm in iis.

for more detailed step information you could refer to this below article:

Part 1: Reverse Proxy for Exchange Server 2013 using IIS ARR

Part 2: Reverse Proxy for Exchange Server 2013 using IIS ARR

Part 3: Reverse Proxy for Exchange Server 2013 using IIS ARR

Applies to 2016 as well.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.