We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

log error 500RSS

3 replies

Last post Oct 30, 2019 06:10 AM by Yuk Ding

• log error 500

Oct 24, 2019 01:53 PM|ofekedut|LINK

Hi!

My Skype bot is running on an AWS EC2 machine, the only way I can send and receive messages is to use the emulator and a tunneling software (ngrok)

when trying to use the bot with Skype, the web chat on the Botframework or the emulator without tunneling the log file on the IIS server documented receiving the message with error code number 500.

from the log file :

2019-10-24 08:29:57 172.31.32.153 POST /public/api/messages - 80 - 3.123.15.68 AmazonAPIGateway_1zx1n2xbni - 200 0 0 938
    2019-10-24 08:30:04 172.31.32.153 POST /public/api/messages - 80 - 3.123.15.104 AmazonAPIGateway_1zx1n2xbni - 500 0 0 4137

can anyone help me solve this problem?

• Re: log error 500

Oct 25, 2019 03:29 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi ofekedut,

Could you help reply several questions?

1.What detailed error message did you see in response body?

2.Did you see any error message in event viewer application or system event?

Now that IIS will not return 500 error for same URL all the time, it shouldn't be an IIS configuration issue. 

So the best way to troubleshooting this issue is analyze dump file.  If you were able to reproduce this issue, you could capture dump file via debug diagnostic tool or procdump. 

Then you would analyze dump file via WINDGB in WIN10 SDK or debug diagnostic tool analysis.

It will tell you which thread thrown the 500 error. Then you need to monitor the managed call stack to figure out what was CLR doing at that time. As long as we know what's happening there, will would probably find the root cause.

Best Regards,

Jokies Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Oct 25, 2019 10:59 AM|ofekedut|LINK

thank for the help Jokies Ding!

im new to all of this so I hope that the screenshot i've attached contains all the info

http://www.up2me.co.il/v.php?file=84772297.png

Oct 30, 2019 06:10 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi ofekedut,

It seems strange. I think it is about time to capture manual dump for first chance exception or crash exception.

It will tell us what method is executed at that time and how many concurrent requests there.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/core/how-to-capture-a-memory-dump-of-a-process-that-is-crashing

If you are not expert, debug diagnostic analysis tool could help you process the analysis. 

If you need  more professional tool to help you find the root cause. WINDBG could achieve this. By the way, it also has automatic analyze command line  "analyze -v".

If the reply is helpful, it is appreciated if you could mark it as answer.

Best Regards,

Jokies Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.