How to detect if IIS is Installed and ASP/ASP.NET is Registered in a windows system using c++?RSS

2 replies

Last post Oct 17, 2019 10:24 AM by Lewis-H

• How to detect if IIS is Installed and ASP/ASP.NET is Registered in a windows system using c++?

Oct 14, 2019 06:58 AM|rmgs|LINK

I am using windows 7.

How to detect if IIS is Installed and ASP/ASP.NET is Registered in a windows system using c++?

Can I achieve this using ahadmin apis in C++?

Or If I read any registrykeys whether I will come to know about this?

Please help me.

• Re: How to detect if IIS is Installed and ASP/ASP.NET is Registered in a windows system using c++...

Oct 15, 2019 01:32 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

The best way to detect if IIS is installed is to look for the presence of the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InetStp

If this key exists, then IIS is installed. If it doesn’t exist, IIS isn’t installed.

This key also provides some additional interesting information, such as the IIS version number. The version information is kept in the following registry values, both DWORDs:

MajorVersion:
    1) Shipped in NT Option Pack for Windows NT 4
    2) Shipped in Windows 2000 Server and Windows XP Professional
    3)Shipped in Windows Server 2003

Minor Version:
    1)Indicates that IIS is installed on Windows XP Professional

to look at the IIS subcomponents registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\Oc Manager\Subcomponents

All of the values under this key are DWORDs, so if the value is 1 then it is installed. 

iis_asp - Active Server Pages (ASP) for IIS

asp.net registry key:

.NET 2.0 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ASP.NET\2.0.50727.0

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.
  • Re: How to detect if IIS is Installed and ASP/ASP.NET is Registered in a windows system using c++...

Oct 17, 2019 10:24 AM|Lewis-H|LINK

Have you tried doing below process??

Check ASP.NET registration on IIS 7. To check that ASP.NET is installed and registered with the correct version, enter the command aspnet_regiis.exe -lv at the command prompt. Version should be displayed for ASP.NET.

--

Lewis