Cache problem in IIS 7.5RSS

3 replies

Last post Sep 25, 2019 08:53 AM by Yuk Ding

• Cache problem in IIS 7.5

Sep 25, 2019 05:20 AM|knowledgist|LINK

I have a ASP.net application hosted in IIS 7.5 windows server 2008 R2.

I am having very serious issues concerning about cache, most of my clients complaint on regular basis that they could not see the changes they requested while I have already been fixed and uploaded. It becomes now a headache for me to how to tackle this situation.

Please help me how to keep avoid cache on server IIS.

• Re: Cache problem in IIS 7.5

Sep 25, 2019 07:16 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi knowledgist,

May I know what kind of content get cached? Session ? .aspx  page or  static file?

If you want prevent IIS from caching content in server side(output caching) , you could go to IIS manager->site node->output  caching->edit feature settings->uncheck enable cache.

<system.webServer>

<caching enabled="false" />

</system.webServer>

For static files, you could try to set IIS manager->site node->HTTP Response header->Set common headers->expire web content->immediately.

Best Regards,

Jokies Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Sep 25, 2019 07:31 AM|knowledgist|LINK

Thanks Yuk for the reply.

I am using .aspx files having dynamic content and I have done already what you shared.

The errors or problems which occurred in past on my application which I have already fixed, sometimes it shows on screen and user of my application thought it didn't done yet.

Sep 25, 2019 08:53 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK

Hi knowledgist,

What kind of error or problem and what operation did do to fix the problem? Could you provide an example?  Could you get the problem fixed by recycle application pool every time you apply fix for your web application? I mean after disabling all static content cache and output caching. If we have more details about the problem, we may get to know what's the root cause. Sample code is also appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jokies Ding

Yuk Ding

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.