IIS: Unable to access from external networkRSS

9 replies

Last post Sep 13, 2019 01:34 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• IIS: Unable to access from external network

Sep 08, 2019 02:44 PM|79brue|LINK

Hello.

I am installing a server using IIS 7, and I succeded to install it, and access it by localhost:80 or [my IP]:80. There was no error on my computer.

But when I use my smartphone, I get "localhost refused to connect: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". What should I do to solve this error?

I tried to restart IIS, but it didn't work.

I tried to delete my server from IIS and make it again, but it didn't work.

• Re: IIS: Unable to access from external network

Sep 09, 2019 06:42 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

Could you share which IP you are using? you could try to use the public IP. you need to purchase the public IP and bind it with your site to use the site from outside of the network. 

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Sep 09, 2019 07:58 AM|79brue|LINK

My public IP address is 221.159.32.221, and my virtual IP is 172.30.1.1.

The fun thing is, I installed mediawiki on my server, so when I access my website from other desktops it redirects to "/index.php", but after that "localhost refused to connect" error occurs.

Sep 10, 2019 06:46 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

HI,

Could you share your iis site binding detail and the MediaWiki rule or setting how you set the redirect? 

the possible reasons behind this error are:

If the website is down or temporary not working.

You use the wrong URL to access the website.
    You don't set the right home page in iis.

I suggest you redirect the site to /index.php use full URL when you set redirect. 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Sep 10, 2019 12:32 PM|79brue|LINK

I think it is not the mediawiki problem, because when I just place a normal HTML file it doesn't work too.

In my iis binding, I set the port to 80 and IP to '*' (all IP).

Additionally, in every mediawiki websites it automatically redirects to "/wiki/index.php" or similar paths.

Sep 11, 2019 06:39 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

I suggest you could try to add the multiple bindings with the iis site.

1)open the iis and select your site and select bindings from the action pane.

2)you can see the site binding dialogue box will be open select add.

3)in add site binding windows add the public IP and 80 port and click ok.

4)again add another binding by clicking on the add button and add your virtual IP with the 80 port. 

MSDN Community Support

Sep 11, 2019 12:58 PM|kevkev0320|LINK

dumb question, but did you open your ports, and allow a incoming and outgoing connection on port 80 (or 443 for https)

Sep 12, 2019 02:56 AM|79brue|LINK

Sep 12, 2019 01:02 PM|79brue|LINK

I found the reason. After I move my folder into C drive (at first it was in E drive) it works.

But, I want to run this on E drive. Does anybody know the solution?

Sep 13, 2019 01:34 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

does your E drive has enough permission to access the site? 

MSDN Community Support