Cannot rename the files which present inside the folder name containing space in WebDav using MS Web expression.RSS

3 replies

Last post Aug 08, 2019 08:37 AM by Able

• Cannot rename the files which present inside the folder name containing space in WebDav using MS...

Aug 07, 2019 07:36 AM|YuvarajDeva|LINK

Steps to reproduce:

• Create the parent folder which contain space eg: "Test Test"
    • Rename the files which present inside the "Test Test" folder.
    • And it throws the error message as "Access denied" instead of "File name modified"
    • But when we change the parent folder name from ""Test Test" to "Test" without space it works.

So can you guys please me to sort out this issue.

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Cannot rename the files which present inside the folder name containing space in WebDav using...

Aug 08, 2019 01:42 AM|Able|LINK

Hi YuvarajDeva,

According to your description, have you assigned Permissions to Folders?I suggest that you could firstly check and set permission  by following the steps as below:

1. Right Click Folder
    2. Go to Security Tab
    3. Click on Edit
    4. Click on Add
    5. Click on Addvance
    6. Find Now
    7. Give Permission to IIS_IUSRS (Full Control)
    8. Click On OK
    9. Click On OK
    10. Click On Full Control in allow
    11. Click On OK
    12. Again Run the Application

Best Regards

Able

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.
  • Re: Cannot rename the files which present inside the folder name containing space in WebDav using...

Aug 08, 2019 06:52 AM|YuvarajDeva|LINK

Thanks, Able,

We have already provided full control permission for the IIS user but still the issue persists. The issue occurs only when we have space character in parent folder name (eg: "Test Test") other than it works properly.

Thanks, Yuvaraj   

Aug 08, 2019 08:37 AM|Able|LINK

Hi YuvarajDeva,

I have tested on my side , folder which name is set as Test Test  shows no problem on my side.Could you please show me your file location and the permission setting of this folder?Then I suggest that you could  check the event viewer log  get more detail.

Best Regards

Able

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.