IIS 7 and Above
Unable to access IIS sites from localhost, but can from the outside
Last post Aug 07, 2019 07:00 AM by Lithiau
Aug 06, 2019 10:28 AM|Lithiau|LINK
I don't know why, it have worked before, but all of a sudden I am not able to browse the websites i have running on the server. It fails in both IE and Chrome. Just coming up with "This site can't be reached".
But if i try to go to the site from my client, I can access all the sites just perfect.
I am also able to browse other webpages on the server.
I can't really see any errors in event viewer, and dont really have a clue about what could be the issue. I've tried to see if there was any logs to help me out, but nothing of interest.
Aug 06, 2019 05:43 PM|Chris Becke|LINK
If you set the IP address explicitly in the bindings then the site will only be available on that interface.
To allow multiple interfaces - i.e. the lan card and localhost - to access a site you should leave the IP binding blank, or *.
Aug 07, 2019 03:30 AM|Able|LINK
For this issue, you could first use cmd command nslookup<domain name> to convert domain name to ip address,then you could use telnet or tcping to ping this ipaddress 80 port, if there is no response, you should check the website is working or not ,else ,if
there is no problem in iis, it will be something wrong in 80 port.
Here is the link, I hope it could help you.
Aug 07, 2019 06:11 AM|Lithiau|LINK
All the sites have the * assigned to them. The thing is that they have all worked. No additional sites have been added.
Aug 07, 2019 06:18 AM|Lithiau|LINK
The thing is, the sites are working. You can access them fine on any other client (pc, mobile and so on), The only thing that can't access them is the IIS server it self.
So the ports are open. How but in the world can the machine that is actually running the site not be able to see them, when the rest of the world can.
Aug 07, 2019 07:00 AM|Lithiau|LINK
Okay, I figured it out.
It was some provider setup that was wrong. When I added to url for the site in the hosts file everything started to work again.
Thanks for input :)