Personal dev machine/IISExpress needs to match QA/IIS for uglify versionRSS

1 reply

Last post Jul 24, 2019 03:58 AM by lextm

• Personal dev machine/IISExpress needs to match QA/IIS for uglify version

Jul 23, 2019 10:22 PM|siegfried_heintze|LINK

We deveopers have a problem after deploying our changes to our ASP.NET web site on our QA machine running Windows server 2012 and IIS 8.5.9600.16384.

The uglify JS-minifier does not like the variable declarations in my javascript that use "let" instead of "var".

I do not get this error on my dev machine running Visual Studio 19 and IIS Express. 

See below for the error.

(1) Assuming management will let me upgrade the javascript minifier on the QA (and PROD machines) to a more modern version of the ecmascript standard (not likely), how do I do that?

(2) Does IIS/Express have this feature? If so, how do I make my dev machine have the same errors as the QA machine? It would be nice to know if my code is going to crash on QA before I check it into TFS version control and deploy with CI.

Thanks

Siegfried

Here is the error:

During minification of JS-code, readed from the file '/XYZ/.../suppliersCtrl.js', by Uglify JS-minifier syntax error has occurred. 

See more details: Error type: error Message: Unexpected token: name (aUndef) File: /SOMA2/Client/lib/suppliers/suppliersCtrl.js Line number: 42 Column number: 8 Source error: Line 41: function lessThan(a, b, key) { Line 42:     let aUndef = typeof a[key] == 'undefined' ----------------^ Line 43:     let bUndef = typeof b[key] == 'undefined'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.  Exception Details: BundleTransformer.Core.Minifiers.AssetMinificationException: During minification of JS-code, readed from the file '/SOMA2/Client/lib/suppliers/suppliersCtrl.js', by Uglify JS-minifier syntax error has occurred.  See more details: Error type: error Message: Unexpected token: name (aUndef) File: /SOMA2/Client/lib/suppliers/suppliersCtrl.js Line number: 42 Column number: 8 Source error: Line 41: function lessThan(a, b, key) { Line 42:     let aUndef = typeof a[key] == 'undefined' ----------------^ Line 43:     let bUndef = typeof b[key] == 'undefined'

• Re: Personal dev machine/IISExpress needs to match QA/IIS for uglify version

Jul 24, 2019 03:58 AM|lextm|LINK

Lex Li
    IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.