IIS ARR IS UNSTABLERSS

3 replies

Last post Jul 16, 2019 06:39 AM by Able

• IIS ARR IS UNSTABLE

Jul 15, 2019 05:21 AM|nimashayu|LINK

Hi, 

I'm facing serious issue with my ARR loadbalancer. 
    The problem is, it's unstable.
    Sometimes I'm able to launch my application (a gis portal) sucessfully, but sometimes the load balancer fails to launch the application. the browser console shows this error: 

Compositor.WebClient.ashx?p=%2fapollo-portal%2fApolloPro.aspx&e=en-US.release.js&t=636987893711144299:2244 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'loadData' of undefined

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

Uncaught TypeError: h is not a constructor

I'm honestly not sure what went wrong since I believe the load balancer has point to the correct url.
    the health check returned "pass" for both server nodes.

The application can be launched succesfully from each node's url, but not from the load balancer

Can anybody help me, where to start checking the problem?

• Rovastar Rovastar

5406 Posts

MVP

Re: IIS ARR IS UNSTABLE

Jul 16, 2019 01:42 AM|Rovastar|LINK

Where is this error coming from the ARR server? Or is it coming from the backend server?

Can you app function in a load balanced environment?

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/
  • Re: IIS ARR IS UNSTABLE

Jul 16, 2019 03:12 AM|nimashayu|LINK

Hi Rovastar, 

Yes, the application can work in load balanced environment. There are multiple webpages, services, and application but somehow it only stuck when launching the portal. Other application works fine

Other than using leansentry (because of safety risk/issue, I cannot use this), do you know how to troubleshoot? I'm very new using ARR

• Re: IIS ARR IS UNSTABLE

Jul 16, 2019 06:39 AM|Able|LINK

Hi nimashayu 

According to your description,I suggest that you could use FRT tracing to track the request.Here is the link I hope it could help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/troubleshoot/using-failed-request-tracing/troubleshooting-failed-requests-using-tracing-in-iis

Best Regards

Able

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.