Warning: The remote SMTP service does not support TLS.RSS

3 replies

Last post Jul 17, 2019 07:15 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• Warning: The remote SMTP service does not support TLS.

Jul 10, 2019 12:24 PM|Quim|LINK

Hi,

in the Event Viewer of the IIS server I find Warnings of the type:

"Message delivery to the host 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX' failed while delivering to the remote domain 'xxxx ****.' for the following reason: The remote SMTP service does not support TLS.The SMTP verb which caused the error is 'STARTTLS'. "

EventID: 4007

Configuration of the Virtual Servers of the IIS is correct, I think, but some domains do not reach the mails.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

• Re: Warning: The remote SMTP service does not support TLS.

Jul 11, 2019 05:51 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

To resolve this issue you could try below steps:

Open iis server select smtp->Properties of the SMTP virtual server, Access tab, Authentication
    button, uncheck "requires TLS encryption"

Go to the delivery tab->select outbound security->uncheck the "tls encryption"

Restart the SMTP server after doing changes.

If still, it is failing than enable logging of the SMTP server.

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Jul 15, 2019 01:50 PM|Quim|LINK

Hi Jalpa

if another domains need TLS encryption and I unchecked in Outbound Security, what will occur?

We should send in two cases.

thanks

Jul 17, 2019 07:15 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

To disable tls for only one domain you can select the domain name from the iis->right click on domain name->select properties.

than select outbound security.in outbound security uncheck the TLS encryption. 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.