WordPress on IIS not recognizing latest version of PHP installed on IIS (7.2)RSS

4 replies

Last post Jul 08, 2019 07:35 AM by tostaky10

• WordPress on IIS not recognizing latest version of PHP installed on IIS (7.2)

Jul 04, 2019 08:45 AM|tostaky10|LINK

I'm running an internal WordPress site on Windows Server 2016 running IIS 10.

I upgraded to PHP 7.2 successfully on the IIS Server in order that I can upgrade to WordPress 5.2.2 which requires PHP version 5.6.2 or higher (I was running version 5.5 previously).

The upgrade went fine and the IIS server shows that it is running PHP version 7.2.

However, when I log in to the WordPress site it is still preventing the upgrade saying the IIS server is still running 5.5 and I must upgrade. 

I've looked everywhere I can find for a resolution but have so far been unable to resolve.

Grateful if anyone could advise?

Many thanks

• Re: WordPress on IIS not recognizing latest version of PHP installed on IIS (7.2)

Jul 04, 2019 12:23 PM|mbanavige|LINK

It's possible to have multiple php version installed side-by-side.

Make sure the php handler mapping for your site is pointing to the version you want.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/application-frameworks/install-and-configure-php-applications-on-iis/using-fastcgi-to-host-php-applications-on-iis#configure-iis-to-handle-php-requests

Mike Banavige
  • Re: WordPress on IIS not recognizing latest version of PHP installed on IIS (7.2)

Jul 04, 2019 02:17 PM|lextm|LINK

Lex Li
    IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Jul 08, 2019 07:32 AM|tostaky10|LINK

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

The PHP handler entry for 7.2 already existed IIS ... at any rate I created a new entry and pointed it to the 7.2 installation. I removed all the other handler entries for previous PHP versions. Unfortunately, despite IIS registering 7.2, Wordpress is still giving me an update error saying the server is still running 5.5.

Completely stumped ...

Jul 08, 2019 07:35 AM|tostaky10|LINK

Many thanks for your quick reply

Unfortunately I've been unable to get Jexus Manager running on my Server 2016/IIS 10 - installs fine but app won't launch.