"HTTP Error 500.19" error when you open an IIS 7.0 WebpageRSS

3 replies

Last post Jun 28, 2019 02:13 AM by Able

• "HTTP Error 500.19" error when you open an IIS 7.0 Webpage

Jun 27, 2019 04:23 PM|c_k|LINK

I published a site (to the localhost) created with Visual Studio 2017 using framework netcoreapp2.1. The site runs fine when run from within VS itself. When published, the publish succeeds, but the webpage that comes up shows "HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error" with an error code of 0x8007000d and an explanation of "This error occurs when there is a problem reading the configuration file for the Web server or Web application."

The web.config file does not have any errors when plugged into an XML validator. There is no ApplicationHost.config file.

The error page does show "Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\esr3\web.config"

Does this mean that it cannot find the web.config file? Has anyone run across this before (and found a fix)?

• Re: "HTTP Error 500.19" error when you open an IIS 7.0 Webpage

Jun 27, 2019 06:19 PM|lextm|LINK

Lex Li
    https://lextudio.com
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Jun 27, 2019 06:47 PM|c_k|LINK

Never mind. Didn't have the .NET Core Hosting Bundle installed on the workstation.

Jun 28, 2019 02:13 AM|Able|LINK

Hi C_K, 

I'm afraid not. If you want to host a net core web application on iis. You should install .NET Core Hosting Bundle.

Here is the link about how you could host .net core application on iis.I hope it could help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/host-and-deploy/iis/?view=aspnetcore-2.2

Best Regards

Able 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.