VS2019: IIS Express does not show a PHP page... HTTP Error 404.3 - Not FoundRSS

2 replies

Last post Jun 13, 2019 05:23 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• VS2019: IIS Express does not show a PHP page... HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

Jun 12, 2019 05:39 PM|RobertGMiller|LINK

Windows10-64, IISExpress10, PHP Tools for Visual Studio 2019.

As far as I can tell, VS2019 should run PHP code on IIS Express, the addition of PHP Tools probably just uses that built in Functionality for debugging. I cannot run PHP code from VS2019 and thought someone on this forum might have some expertise on how to do it.

When I run, with or without debug, some very simple PHP code that does run properly on a Wamp server or in IIS proper with PHP setup, using the IIS Express (Google Chrome) option I get the browser page showing HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found.... The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

I've gone through how to configure IIS Express to run PHP by modifying the applicationhost.config file as per the following link.

Can anyone recommend anything else I can try?

• Re: VS2019: IIS Express does not show a PHP page... HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

Jun 12, 2019 09:07 PM|lextm|LINK

IIS Express does not come with PHP support. You have to manually enable PHP via FastCGI. I wrote a tool to scan if you have performed the right settings, https://docs.jexusmanager.com/tutorials/php-diagnostics.html 

Lex Li
    IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Re: VS2019: IIS Express does not show a PHP page... HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

Jun 13, 2019 05:23 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

As Lex Li said IIS Express does not come with PHP support.T=You need to download PHP Tools for Visual Studio.

PHP Tools for Visual Studio 2017

Also, install PHP for iis express using web platform installer.

Web Platform Installer

After installing restart visual studio, you could now see the PHP option when you create a new project.

Regards,

Jalpa

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.