IIS 8.5 PHP can't change session.save_path [Answered]RSS

3 replies

Last post Apr 30, 2019 06:09 AM by JiriP

• IIS 8.5 PHP can't change session.save_path

Apr 29, 2019 10:53 AM|JiriP|LINK

I can't change session.save_path in php.ini, value is ignored. I changed it to:

session.save_path = "c:\PHP\Sessions"

In php manager I can see correct value, but phpinfo() always shows session.save_path="c:\windows\temp".

Thousands of sess_* files are generated there, and aren't deleted.

Any help? Thank you.

IIS 8.5, PHP 7.3.4 (PHP 7.2.7 the same), Windows Server 2012 R2.

• Re: IIS 8.5 PHP can't change session.save_path

Apr 29, 2019 10:42 PM|mbanavige|LINK

wondering if you may have more than one copy/version of php installed.

if you check phpinfo(), it should give you that path to the php.ini file that was loaded (Loaded Configuration File)

Is that the php.ini file that you modified?

Mike Banavige

Apr 30, 2019 03:16 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi JiriP,

As Mike suggested check that you modify the correct php.ini file or not. give IIS_IUSRS and IUSR permission to "c:\PHP\Sessions" file.Clear the cache, cookies and temp data of your browser.try to set ini_set('session.save_path', '/path/to/your/folder').

You could also follow below post for more detail:

Regards,

Jalpa.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Apr 30, 2019 06:09 AM|JiriP|LINK

Thank you Jalpa!

I've missed that forrum on serverfault during my googling for solution. That webplatform installer section [WebPIChanges] at the end of php.ini file was the reason. It overided more settings in regular php.ini file.

It is quite confusing that something like this is done by installer, duplicating variables in php.ini without any warning.