IIS 8.0 - FTPS : can log in then list/add/delete directories, but cannot download/upload filesRSS

3 replies

Last post Mar 05, 2019 08:28 AM by Jalpa Panchal

• IIS 8.0 - FTPS : can log in then list/add/delete directories, but cannot download/upload files

Feb 25, 2019 05:25 PM|vindes|LINK

Hi,

I am struggling with something I don't understand about my FTPS site. W2K12 server (with latest updates) IIS 8.0, FTPS site in IIS.

My users are able to log in and can list or add directories. But, when they try to upload a file it doesn't work. The files seems to be uploaded but it is immediately deleted. Tried with Filezilla and CoreFTP and I get the same error message : Answer : 550 Error : cannot upload file

Users are in a group of "Ftpusers" that is allowed to write on the directories plus I manually added the sames rights to the users accounts.

I have no idea what the issue could be.

Has anyone ever faced this issue ?

Thx a lot.

• Re: IIS 8.0 - FTPS : can log in then list/add/delete directories, but cannot download/upload file...

Feb 25, 2019 10:59 PM|lextm|LINK

Learn Process Monitor and use it to check which account is used to write to the file location.

Lex Li
    https://lextudio.com
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Re: IIS 8.0 - FTPS : can log in then list/add/delete directories, but cannot download/upload file...

Feb 26, 2019 03:22 PM|vindes|LINK

Thanks for your answer lextm.

I've tried PM.exe.

What I see :

• svchost.exe --> CreateFile --> SUCCESS --> Desired Access: Read Attributes, Delete | Disposition: Open | Options: Non-Directory File, Open Reparse Point | Attributes: n/a | ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete | AllocationSize: n/a | Impersonating: SERVERNAME\USERNAME | OpenResult: Opened

Then :

• svchost.exe --> QuerySecurityFile --> SUCCESS --> information : Attribute
    • svchost.exe --> QueryAttributeTagFile --> SUCCESS --> Attributes : A, Reparse Tag: 0x0
    • svchost.exe --> SetDispositionInformationFile --> SUCCESS --> Delete : True

I  definitely don't understand why the file is deleted.

Mar 05, 2019 08:28 AM|Jalpa Panchal|LINK

Hi,

In may opinion you could check your firewall setting and anti-virus software,this may cause the issue.

Regards,

Jalpa.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.