Reading remote filesystem file using ADODB.Stream Gives Not responding Issue in IERSS

3 replies

Last post Jan 29, 2019 06:11 AM by Brando Zhang

• Reading remote filesystem file using ADODB.Stream Gives Not responding Issue in IE

Jan 09, 2019 11:55 AM|pmane78|LINK

When reading the File of size 3MB from remote filesystem using ADODB.Stream LoadFromFile method it gives not responding issue in IE for 30 sec. 

theStream = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.stream");
    theStream.LoadFromFile("\\server\c:\upload\rose.png");

I am looking for solution for above. Please comment if Any suggestion or solution exists for above not responding Issue

• Re: Reading remote filesystem file using ADODB.Stream Gives Not responding Issue in IE

Jan 10, 2019 12:38 PM|Brando Zhang|LINK

Hi pmane78,

According to your description, I suggest you could firstly check the IE setting to make sure you have enable the ActiveX support in the security.

More details about how to enable it , you could refer to below article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17469/windows-internet-explorer-use-activex-controls 

Best Regards,

Brando

• Re: Reading remote filesystem file using ADODB.Stream Gives Not responding Issue in IE

Jan 11, 2019 05:53 AM|pmane78|LINK

Hello,

I think My setting is Good. i can upload file wit fileUp(ActiveX ) The issue is in line -  theStream.LoadFromFile it take to mach time and  the browser stuck and getting not responding  and it frizz for some time - after the browser is relist  the operation is done  

Any way ti split the line to chunks ?

Thanks 

Jan 29, 2019 06:11 AM|Brando Zhang|LINK

Hi pmane78,

According to your description, I guess this issue is mainly related with IE.

I suggest you could send this issue on the IE forum and post this issue on IE feedback:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=iewebdevelopment

Best Regards,

Brando