IIS Reverse Proxy with IWA portalRSS

1 reply

Last post Nov 19, 2018 03:00 AM by lextm

• IIS Reverse Proxy with IWA portal

Nov 18, 2018 06:30 PM|latew1thecity|LINK

Hello,

I have searched the internet without much luck. Hoping /r/IIS can put me on the right track. Here is what I am trying to accomplish;

I am using IIS as a reverse proxy on a server exposed to the internet. The reverse proxy allows access to 3 websites that are on the internal network.

Those websites use IWA for authentication

I was wondering if it is possible to setup a portal on the reverse proxy where users could authenticate first

Once authenticated, users could click on a link pointing to any of the 3 internal websites, and the reverse proxy would pass the credentials to those websites without the need to re-authenticate (assuming kerberos would be required)

Is a setup like that possible? If so, any pointer how this can be accomplished would be appreciated

• Re: IIS Reverse Proxy with IWA portal

Nov 19, 2018 03:00 AM|lextm|LINK

Reverse proxy cannot do that. You need a full feature firewall to act in that way. Microsoft used to have products like ISA Server, but now all are obsolete. You have to evaluate a third party product right now.

Lex Li
    IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.