Advice about watch folders after windows retired transform manager RSS

5 replies

Last post Jun 10, 2018 08:17 AM by davide333

• Advice about watch folders after windows retired transform manager

May 13, 2018 09:22 AM|davide333|LINK

Hi there,

I had to recreate the watch folders ( I created a couple of years ago on my old laptop ) on a new pc and I've just found out the terrible news that Microsoft retired transform manager!!! I had a copy of it on my laptop but when I try to install it I get the message that IIS 7 or later is necessary. On the old system I have exactly the same windows and IIS version I can see on the new system and the transform manager is still there and it function very well.

The only difference is that on the old one I have windows 10 pro while on the new one I have windows 10 Home.

I have three questions now:

1) is there anything I can do to install transform manager 1.1 on the new system?

2) I've read the statement azure can do what transform manager could do and it also adds new functionality.

Just if I've understood it correctly I have to pay a subscription to get azure is this correct?
    3) I don't want and I don't need to work in the cloud and I want to work on my desktop

I just need to create watch folders that can execute a batch of actions every time a file arrive in the folder

is there any other easy way I can do to get my result?

I look forward to hearing from you and I thank you in advance for any advice!!!

Davide

• Re: Advice about watch folders after windows retired transform manager

May 15, 2018 04:54 AM|deepakpanchal10|LINK

Hi Davide333,

Can you inform us which version of IIS you are using?

I suggest you to download the Transform manager from link below.

IIS Transform Manager 1.1 (RTW) - 64-bit

Below are the Prerequisites to install it.

• To manage the Transform Manager feature using the IIS Manager user interface, the IIS Management Console for IIS must be installed.
    • To manage the Transform Manager feature using the IIS Manager user interface, .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) must be installed.
    • You must be an administrator on the computer. This can be accomplished by logging on to the computer using either the Administrator account or an account with administrative privileges.

Below is the suggested way to install Transform Manager.

Installing this package requires full administrative permissions. This is best accomplished using one of the following methods:

• Log on to your computer using the local "Administrator" account before installation.
    • Use the Command Prompt:
      • Copy the download to your computer (see above).
      • Log on to your computer using an account with administrator privileges.
      • Click the Windows Start button.
      • In the "Search for Programs and Features" box on the Start menu, type "Command Prompt"
      • Right-click on the Command Prompt program in the search results.
      • Select Run as administrator.
      • In the Command Prompt windows that opens, type the following command to run the installation:

msiexec /i TransformManager_amd64.msi

Reference:

IIS Transform Manager 1.1 (RTW) - 64-bit

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

May 16, 2018 02:15 PM|davide333|LINK

Hi Deepak,

unfortunately what you have suggested here doesn't work!!!
    Same message error message.
    I had already tried what you suggested but I wanted to do it again following carefully your instructions.

I have IIS version 10.0.17134.1.

I hope you will have a better option for me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a nice day,

Davide

May 18, 2018 05:13 AM|deepakpanchal10|LINK

Hi Davide333,

Can you confirm that .net framework is installed on your machine.

Then you can try to double click the setup file and try to install it to check whether it works or not.

Let me know, Whether it solves the issue or not.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.
    If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

May 18, 2018 06:18 AM|davide333|LINK

yes it is of course in all the available versions!

Jun 10, 2018 08:17 AM|davide333|LINK

Is there anybody else that can help me?