IIS 7 and Above
A question about show a website with IIS.
Last post May 29, 2018 05:59 AM by windows.geek
May 08, 2018 06:18 AM|windows.geek|LINK
I have a website that has written in ASP.Net and I like to see it as a real web site in my local computer. How can I install IIS and see my website in a browser?
May 09, 2018 05:45 AM|deepakpanchal10|LINK
Hi Windows geek,
Try to follow steps below to enable the IIs.
(1) Open 'Program and features' from Control Panel.
(2) Click on 'Turn windows features on or off'.
(3) Find and check the option for IIS.
(4) Click on OK
(5) Open RUN and type 'Inetmgr' to run IIS.
How to: Enable Internet Information Services (IIS)
Follow the steps below to host your site in IIS.
To host your Web site in IIS you need to perform following steps:
(1) Click Start, Administrative Tools, Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. This will open the IIS manager.
(2) In the left column you will see the machine name, expand local machine and right click on' Sites' then open 'Add new Web
(3) Fill all the necessory details which is as below:
How to Host a Website in IIS
May 13, 2018 10:40 AM|windows.geek|LINK
Thank you so much.
My website contents are as below:
I like to see this website in my browser. How can I configure IIS to use a website that created already?
May 15, 2018 06:51 AM|deepakpanchal10|LINK
You need to Publish your Web project first then you can try to host that published website in IIS.
For that you need to open your project in Visual Studio.
then right click on your project and publish it on desired location.
Once your project get published successfully, You need to provide path of your published website as a physical path of your website in IIS.
May 15, 2018 10:58 AM|windows.geek|LINK
Thank you, But which file must be open in "Visual Studio"? If you see the image, then you can see my website contents.
May 16, 2018 10:00 AM|deepakpanchal10|LINK
You need to go back to previous folder.
Where you can find solution file ".sln"
You need to double click this file.
It will be open the whole project in Visual Studio.
Then you can try to publish it.
May 29, 2018 05:59 AM|windows.geek|LINK
I have not this file.