Please help! IIS page stopping us from seeing a websiteRSS

2 replies

Last post May 03, 2018 02:24 AM by lextm

• Please help! IIS page stopping us from seeing a website

May 02, 2018 02:26 PM|ORiordanBond|LINK

Hello this is my first post. I have never used IIS before and Microsoft were not helpful on live chat. I am a web developer and we cannot see our website because internally in our clients offices, the website URL redirects to an IIS Windows Server page that just says 'Internet Information Services' with 'Welcome' in various different languages. The client is called 'O'Riordan Bond' and we cannot access the website domain or even the Wordpress backend - it just redirects to this IIS screen. 

I don't know what to do. This is not my job and I need help. 

The domain set up is www.oriordanbond.co.uk

When I visit this domain from my phone over data, or on a PC NOT connected to the company office ethernet or wi-fi, it loads the correct page - a 'coming soon' page with a white background.

So I know this issue is internal at their offices. Where do I even begin to disable it? We cannot launch the website because we can't see it! 

What is unusual is that O'Riordan Bond had an old website from 2001 un and running, until we replaced it. This website was working fine. Does this mean there is an IIS related file located in the web FTP that is causing a block? 

I am going into their offices tomorrow to look on one of their PC's but I don't know where to even start! 

Please help!!

• Rovastar Rovastar

5468 Posts

MVP

Re: Please help! IIS page stopping us from seeing a website

May 02, 2018 04:54 PM|Rovastar|LINK

If it works externally from your phone, etc then that implies that IIS Is setup correctly.

I see a holding page there which is what I presume your one (running on IP address 209.235.144.9)

Likely what is happening is that they have some internal DNS/routing/proxy going on in their offices and it is going to the wrong place.

Getting beyond the scope of these forums to be honest but I would speak to the IT person on site there. It is impossible to solve this without the internal IT infrastructure knowledge of the company.

See what a nslookup, tracert commands  do from their office PCs. They should resolve to the same address as everyone external.

Troubleshoot IIS in style
    https://www.leansentry.com/
  • Re: Please help! IIS page stopping us from seeing a website

May 03, 2018 02:24 AM|lextm|LINK

It is very important to know that IIS relies on site bindings so as to route incoming requests to the proper sites.

Jexus Manager has Binding Diagnostics to show you the necessary information,

https://www.jexusmanager.com/en/latest/tutorials/binding-diagnostics.html

You probably run it on the IIS machine to see how each web sites can be accessed, and then find out why internal requests go to another site.

Lex Li
    IIS Consulting Services at https://support.lextudio.com/services/consulting.html
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.