We are excited to announce that the IIS.NET Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Learn more >

Error: FastCGI is not a recognized native module.... [Answered]RSS

2 replies

Last post Apr 14, 2018 10:08 PM by abrogard

• Error: FastCGI is not a recognized native module....

Apr 14, 2018 03:03 AM|abrogard|LINK

Win10.

I am trying to install PHP on my IIS and it is all going well until I get to here where I'm supposed to be adding a Module Mapping.

The instructions are to enter  Request path:  *.php   Module:  FastCGIModule   Executable:  C;\php\php-cgi.exe  Name: FastCGI

and IIS won't accept that.  Gives the error 'not native... specify at least one enabled native module..'

Can you provide any help with that?   Something I should have configured first?  Or a module name I can use?

• Re: Error: FastCGI is not a recognized native module....

Apr 14, 2018 07:59 PM|lextm|LINK

Lex Li
    Want to have a chat on the issues you meet? Find me at https://booktime.xyz/p/lextm
    ---------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Re: Error: FastCGI is not a recognized native module....

Apr 14, 2018 10:08 PM|abrogard|LINK

That's absolutely brilliant.  Thanks a lot.

:)

Ran phpinfo() to prove it was working and happened to see Virtual Directory Support was disabled in PHP.   I'd imagine it needs enabling if I'm using Virtual Directories in my IIS site, which I am.  Don't happen to know about that?

edit. 

Ah, no. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25415628/how-to-enable-the-virtual-directory-support-php?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

Very technical explanation that I don't understand but the gist of it seems to be that one should not enable it,  that it is not easy to anyway and that the 'virtual directories' that talks about are something a tad different anyway...

I've just left the question and my own answer here in case in the future someone else follows this thread and has the same query..