IIS 7 and Above
W3WP process stopped by Terminal Server
Last post Aug 01, 2017 06:15 PM by AlbertGC
Jul 31, 2017 06:25 PM|AlbertGC|LINK
Hi all: I'm accessing an Windows Server 2012 using a Terminal Server Session. The server has a set of DCOM classes that are served by IIS and when we finish inspecting the server and
close the TS session, we get the web server down and all the DCOM objects stop functioning. Can anybody tell me how do we get the problem fixed. Thank you.
Aug 01, 2017 06:38 AM|Yuk Ding|LINK
Have you checked the event viewer? the system log should provide the error message about why the worker process stopped. Besides, what's the status code in IIS log? To promise the Dcom could works fine in IIS, you may need to ensure the application user/application
pool identity has enough permission to access the file. Besides, you could try to enable the 32-bit application in application pool advanced setting. More information about the IIS may help us fix this issue.
The process monitor may help you fix this issue as well:
Aug 01, 2017 06:15 PM|AlbertGC|LINK
The facts are:
1) The web server is working OK
2) DCOM components have rights to do their jobs (In fact, while we are connected via Terminal server, we can see them functioning ok)
3) Once we close the TS session, immediately the web server is stopped and also the DCOM server doesn´t function anymore.
4) When closing TS session, Windows announces that the machine will continue to do their jobs.
5) If we do the same task with VNC Software or AnyDesk Software, none of these behavior happens (Web and DCOM continue working)